Improved Insurance Coverage
Fast Casual Restaurant Franchise
- Fanchisor was named in a lawsuit for the actions of a franchisee.
- Franchisor did not have insurance coverage to protect against the claim named in the lawsuit.
- Insurance agent was not providing value, shopping policies or making recommendations as to improving coverage or eliminating gaps.
- Worked in conjunction with legal team and Franchise Business Coaches to successfully limit liability and extricate franchisor from the lawsuit. Cost about $10-20K in legal fees.
- Interviewed 3 insurance agents to better understand the coverages and policies the client should have maintained and what the cost should be.
- Obtained much better service, significantly higher limits, and added both Cyber Crime and Employer Practice Liability insurance coverage for less than the previous agent's premiums.
- Worked with client staff to revise training manuals and policies to specifically target and reduce opportunities for similar lawsuits in the future regardless of insurance coverage or not.
5 Signs You’re Ready for a Fractional CFO
By Jeff Heybruck Thinking about hiring a fractional CFO, but not sure if the business is ready? While there’s no magic business …
Job Costing in Quickbooks: Setup Tips & Best Practices
by Jeff Heybruck Job costing, or the process of tracking the costs and expenses associated with a specific job, project or account, …
How To Run A Business In the Face of Rising Interest Rates
by Jeff Heybruck Beginning in 2008, financial crises drove down interest rates to just above 0%. Now, for the first time in …