Foreclosures & Abandoned
Residential Land Developer
- Client had a dramatic decline in business resulting in numerous failed projects, foreclosures, and abandoned projects
- Could not afford full-time Controller any longer and realized previous controller was not up to the task of guiding company through difficult times
- Was still operating on an antiquated and cumbersome accounting platform that was years out of date.
- Cleaned up accounting and identified which costs were spent on which projects to have accurate understanding of losses
- Worked closely with other professionals (primarily lawyers and CPA's) to negotiate with several banks and get the client the best banking, legal, and tax answers possible while being equitable to all involved.
- Converted client accounting system over to Quickbooks to facilitate in hiring of future employees as well as simplify accounting process.
- Generated $1.7 million of abandoned project cost deductions and worked with CPA to amend tax returns; resulted in over $500,000 of tax refunds.
- Simplified and streamlined processes while training bookkeeper to permanently eliminate full-time Controller position from company organization chart.
- Saved over $1,000 of license fees annually and 50% reduction of staff time by converting accounting software to Quickbooks
6 Smart Ways For Brewers To Leverage Cashflow Projections for Business Planning
By: Jason AlexanderUpdated May 2022 We’ve all heard the old adage that cash is king. But brewers are often more focused on …
4 Internal Factors That Make a Business More Competitive
By: Jeffrey HeybruckUpdated May 2022 Business-as-usual often means focusing on external factors such as growing sales or expanding outward facing products and …
4 Ways to Increase Revenue
By: Jeffrey HeybruckUpdated April 2022 Ready to hit the next revenue milestone? Our team of CFOs have compiled a list of strategic …