Foreclosures & Abandoned
Residential Land Developer
- Client had a dramatic decline in business resulting in numerous failed projects, foreclosures, and abandoned projects
- Could not afford full-time Controller any longer and realized previous controller was not up to the task of guiding company through difficult times
- Was still operating on an antiquated and cumbersome accounting platform that was years out of date.
- Cleaned up accounting and identified which costs were spent on which projects to have accurate understanding of losses
- Worked closely with other professionals (primarily lawyers and CPA's) to negotiate with several banks and get the client the best banking, legal, and tax answers possible while being equitable to all involved.
- Converted client accounting system over to Quickbooks to facilitate in hiring of future employees as well as simplify accounting process.
- Generated $1.7 million of abandoned project cost deductions and worked with CPA to amend tax returns; resulted in over $500,000 of tax refunds.
- Simplified and streamlined processes while training bookkeeper to permanently eliminate full-time Controller position from company organization chart.
- Saved over $1,000 of license fees annually and 50% reduction of staff time by converting accounting software to Quickbooks
Cash Flow Forecasting 101 (and Tips for Organizations Using QuickBooks)
By: Jeff Heybruck Forecasting cash flow is one of the most difficult but impactful planning exercises a business owner can undertake. There …
Small Business Tips to Negotiate Better Payment Terms & Conditions with Customers
By: Jeff Heybruck Net 30? Yeah, right. AR from large clients can be tricky. A common refrain we hear from small business …
QuickBooks Integrations: A Checklist To Successfully Plan Your Next Integration
By: Jeff Heybruck In addition to reducing tedious, duplicative data entry across multiple systems, integrating apps with QuickBooks can enable real-time financial …