Commissioned Sales People
Moving & Storage Company
- Owner struggled to track commissions earned vs. paid
- Sales team was frustrated due to wide variations in cash flow from one pay period to next
- Bookkeeper had to reconcile accounts and correct discrepancies causing distrust between sales force and office staff
- Transitioned all commissioned employees to bi-weekly draw with quarterly bonuses to smooth cash flows and simplify payroll reporting;
- Created one custom report for office manager, owner, and sales force to review and track performance;
- Eliminated non-value adding administrative tasks.
- Increased overall efficiency by 4 man-hours per week.
- Enhanced clarity and comprehension for all parties
- Minimized administrative workload.
5 Signs You’re Ready for a Fractional CFO
By Jeff Heybruck Thinking about hiring a fractional CFO, but not sure if the business is ready? While there’s no magic business …
Job Costing in Quickbooks: Setup Tips & Best Practices
by Jeff Heybruck Job costing, or the process of tracking the costs and expenses associated with a specific job, project or account, …
How To Run A Business In the Face of Rising Interest Rates
by Jeff Heybruck Beginning in 2008, financial crises drove down interest rates to just above 0%. Now, for the first time in …