Bookkeeping Best Practices
- Originally hired to help train and supervise client bookkeeper. Discovered bookkeeper was not following basic accounting practices and leaving client open to theft.
- Found that while sales were being recorded, cash and checks were not being deposited; over $4,000 of cash and endorsed checks sitting in petty cash box.
- Immediately recommended client replace under-performing employee, created job ad and screened candidates prior to interviews.
- Streamlined accounting processes, improved both sales and collections, and created standard reporting package that new office manager was able to independently produce monthly.
- Within 6 months of hire date Lucrum & new office manager had identified $10,000 in annual expense reductions.
- Converted a position from a burden and potential theft risk into a value-adding role who actively participated in day-to-day operations and management.
Six Essential Monthly Accounting Numbers Every Business Owner Needs to Know (& Where to Find Them)
It seems like Revenue and the cash balance are the first (or only) two numbers most business owners look at on a …
How To Respond When Employees Ask For A Pay Raise Based On Inflation
Written by: Jeff Heybruck Have your employees asked for a raise lately? All over the country people are reevaluating their employment and …
5 Tactics for Negotiating with Suppliers and Vendors
Successful entrepreneurs understand the importance of building long-term business relationships that can contribute to their bottom line. That’s why many business owners …