Bookkeeping Best Practices
- Originally hired to help train and supervise client bookkeeper. Discovered bookkeeper was not following basic accounting practices and leaving client open to theft.
- Found that while sales were being recorded, cash and checks were not being deposited; over $4,000 of cash and endorsed checks sitting in petty cash box.
- Immediately recommended client replace under-performing employee, created job ad and screened candidates prior to interviews.
- Streamlined accounting processes, improved both sales and collections, and created standard reporting package that new office manager was able to independently produce monthly.
- Within 6 months of hire date Lucrum & new office manager had identified $10,000 in annual expense reductions.
- Converted a position from a burden and potential theft risk into a value-adding role who actively participated in day-to-day operations and management.
Cost Benefit Analysis for Small Businesses: Ask the Expert
In this ‘Ask The Expert’ interview, Lucrum CEO Jeff Heybruck explains the importance of cost benefit analysis to small business owners. Read …
What is a Fractional CFO & How Do CFO Services Work?
What is a Fractional CFO? A fractional Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is a part-time resource with extensive industry experience that is contracted …